Let’s start with a saying by Kate Middleton:
“Mental health is just as important as… physical health and deserves the same quality of support.”
In today’s scenario, we all talk about physical health and striving to get the best healthy balanced life with proper healthy food, exercise, health supplements and medicine. We all are pushing hard to get physical happiness mainly materialistic happiness but never think about being actually happy with mental peace, contentment and calm.
As happiness is a state of mind hence it is of utmost importance to keep our mind healthy besides physical health. Mental health consists of our emotions, and psychological and social well-being. Mental health has a direct connection with our behaviours, feelings, thought and action. It determines how we handle pressure, stress, connect with others and make healthy choices. Mental health plays a vital role in every phase of life be it childhood, adolescence or adulthood.
Mental illness, also known as mental health disorders, refers to a wide range of mental health problems – disorders that affect your mood, thoughts, and behaviour. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders, and addictive behaviours.
Many people have mental health problems from time to time. But a mental health problem becomes a mental illness when persistent signs and symptoms cause chronic stress and affect your ability to function.
Mental illness can make you unhappy and cause problems in your daily life, such as at school, at work, or in your relationships. In most cases, symptoms can be controlled with a combination of medication and talk therapy (psychotherapy).
Depending on the trouble, the environment, and different factors, there can be a wide range of signs and signs and symptoms of mental illness. Feelings, ideals, and behaviours can be impacted by the symptoms of mental illness.
Signs and symptoms Examples of signs and indicators are as follows:
- Being depressed or sad
- Careworn thinking or a diminished capability to cognizance
- Immoderate fear, tension, or thoughts of guilt
- Intense highs and lows in a single’s temper
- Leaving pals and activities at the back of
- Tremendous exhaustion, loss of electricity, or issues dozing
- Loss of reality recognition (delusions), suspicion, or hallucinations
- Incapacity to control stress or daily problems
- Issue comprehending and responding to people and occasions
- Alcohol or drug abuse troubles
- Good sized nutritional changes
- Immoderate hatred, fury, or violence
Two most conditions of Mental Health condition are:
Anxiety Disorders: Each year, over 18% of adults suffer from some form of anxiety disorder, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder (panic attacks), generalized anxiety disorder, and specific phobias.
Mood Disorders: Mood disorders such as depression and bipolar depression affect approximately 10% of adults each year and are characterized by difficulty in regulating mood.
When to consult a doctor?
If you have signs or symptoms of mental illness, see your primary care provider or mental health professional. Most mental illnesses do not go away on their own, and if left untreated, mental illness can get worse over time and cause serious problems.
Why Mental Health is a Stigma?
Mental health stigma refers to social disapproval or when society shames people living with mental illness or seeking help to deal with emotional distress, such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder or PTSD.
The pressure of stigma related to mental health can come from family, friends, colleagues and wider society. Groups can also politicize stigma. It can prevent people living with mental illness from getting help, integrating into society, and leading happy and comfortable lives.
With more and more people declining in mental health, society is increasingly better equipped to meet our needs. Although public awareness of mental illness has improved in recent decades, stigma remains strong, largely due to media stereotypes and lack of education, and people view mental illness in a broadly negative way. It is shown that there is a tendency to see than
We have compiled a verified list of all-India organizations that provide telephone and online counselling services, which can be helpful if you or someone you know is looking for help. About mental health. Most of the resources on this list are free or available for a small fee, for those for whom cost can be a barrier.
- Peak Mind
- Therapize India
- Fortis Stress Helpline
Managing Mental Health-
In the end, we would like to share some steps for your mental wellbeing.
- Be Active- Keeping yourself active with all the loving works is the best way to build and maintain a healthy creative mind. That will motivate us to scale new height happily.
- Learn new Skill- Getting another feathers added in your cap make you skilful, updated and in demand always. That’s add on a charm in personality.
- Give to Others- The less expectations you will have the less disappointment will occur. Try to give to others be it gift, time, love, efforts, valuable suggestions, guidance by you experience. That’s indeed a delightful gesture of mankind.
- Maintain Healthy and Balanced diet- Honour your body like a temple and treat your body as the most pious place. Ensure proper healthy and nutritious diet.
- Connect with People- Human is a social animal filled with emotions, sentiments, love affection and care. Connecting with others makes the human bond broader and stronger with a chance to open up, share, express and listen others as well.
- Discuss your concerns- It is advised to be open up, expressive and share your concerns with whom you are comfortable and rely. Taking suggestions, feedbacks from near and dear one works as a stimulus in problem solving and moving ahead.
- Make rest and sleep priority- Besides healthy diet, human body needs rest and proper sleep as well. It works a natural medicine to rejuvenate human body and keep mind fresh and healthy. It can also be used as stress management and relaxation techniques.